Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant II (Pmg Senior Care, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Physician Service Organization in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable. In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Perform all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant I.
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Perform increasingly advanced procedures with valiadted competencies.
- Provide accurate, complete, legible and timely documention of all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for pracitioner and patient needs.
- Demonstrates a commitment to education and sharing of knowledge. Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as a role model of best practices to others.
- Provides open and timely communication and information to patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organzation and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.
About the ministry you will serve.
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants and certificate.
- 6 months healthcare experience
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience
- Active MA Certification by one of the nationally recognized MA programs(AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, NAHP) OR a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course
- Current BLS - AHA accredited
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Alaska in many locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
Posting ID: 551368935Posted: 2020-07-14