Welcome to sbe!
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
At Umami Burger you will have the opportunity to be on a team of talented and driven team members who are passionate about food, hospitality, and service excellence while working in a fun, dynamic, and fast-paced team environment. Our Kitchen Managers are hands-on and work alongside our culinary team to deliver a flawless and yummy guest experience every time!
- Manage inventory, food and culinary labor costs.
- Prepare culinary team schedules to meet the needs of the restaurant and budget guidelines.
- Appoint tasks and responsibilities to kitchen staff.
- Responsible for the cleanliness & maintenance of the kitchen. Ensures equipment is cleaned daily, supplies stored properly, etc.
- Oversee the training and development of the kitchen team, ensuring constant improvement in culinary skills and consistency in production standards.
- Ensure food quality, portion control and plated presentation meets Umami standards.
- Conducts regular line checks, monitors stock levels and manages inventory to ensure recipe adherence in kitchen execution of all products served.
- Implement and adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Supervise and support kitchen staff while regularly working the line.
- Uphold and maintain sanitation and safety standards at all times.
- Minimum 2-3 years of culinary management experience in a high-volume casual dining restaurant.
- Culinary degree preferred or related degree in restaurant management/hospitality.
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs.
- Excellent knowledge of food recipes, food handling and preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to train, motivate, and direct a team.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus.
- Able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50lbs as needed
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature, presentation and preparation.
- Understands how to safely handle and maintain kitchen equipment.
- Results driven with proven track record of creating learning environments.
- Serv Safe certificate required & state/local alcohol Tips certification as applicable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
Posting ID: 551379188Posted: 2020-07-14