St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Radiology Technologist Intern performs diagnostic radiographic procedures adhering to the principle of radiation protection under the supervision of a registered technologist. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Properly identifies and performs diagnostic radiographic services on patients with the maximum amount of care, while evaluating the technical quality.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area, making sure all equipment and supplies necessary for that area are readily available for use.
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge of the RIS/HIS modules appropriate to their job responsibilities.
- Accurately adheres to downtime procedures to assure appropriate information is available resulting in excellent continuity of care for patients.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development through active participation in in-services and/or continuing education programs.
- Provides educational information to the patient regarding their examination.
- Knowledgeable regarding patient condition, history and appropriate background andinformation pertinent to proposed examination.
- Accountable for quality of digital images sent to PACS. Verify correct patient is selected from worklist, ensures accuracy of Medical Record information prior to being sent to PACS.
- Responsible for the success of the department to achieve Press Ganey goal. Every patient should receive patient education and your personalized business card. Apology cards should be sent or given to all patients when we do not meet their expectations.
Frequent use of fingers and hands to operate equipment, pull x-ray folders and chart information. Walking or standing for up to 8 hours per shift in 30-minute increments. Pulling, pushing and lifting patients up to 300 pounds with assistance. Listing and moving objects of up to 30 pounds. Frequent stooping, crouching and bending. Frequently lifting arms above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as it relates to normal vision. EDUCATION:
Second year student of an ARRT recognized radiography program. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Second year clinical program of Radiology Technology, who has completed all clinical competencies. Current CPR certification required. History of computer usage experience required. Please complete your application using your full legal name andcurrent home address. Be sure toincludeemployment history forthe past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you areencouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications andlicenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 551379773Posted: 2020-07-14