: 88073 Job Category: Clinical Support Specialty Area: Clinical Support Primary Shift: Night Work Schedule: Part time night shift Penn Medicine Entity: Chester County Hospital
Send This Job to a Friend Save Save Apply Now
- Location: West Chester, PA
- Address: 701 E Marshall St
- Education Required: Per Position Description
- Experience Required: Per Position Description
- Employment Type: Part Time Regular 20+ hrs/wk
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
Performs receptionist, clerical, and unit support responsibilities. Provides patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Adheres to Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Welcomes and greets visitors, patients and healthcare professionals to the unit.
2. Demonstrates pleasant and professional communication skills.
3. Answers the phone promptly using proper telephone etiquette. Refers phone call to the appropriate person and is reliable with messages.
4. Assists visitors to the unit in finding patient rooms, staff members and other resources. Checks with the RN as necessary for visitors.
5. Facilitates calls to physicians and other care providers as needed.
6. Demonstrates correct use of intercom, pager system, phone functions, pneumatic tube, fax and other equipment at the nurses' station.
Patient Care Responsibilities
1. Provides age appropriate care for the patient population served. For example, gives consideration to growth & developmental phase of life, to age related factors such as thermal regulation, nutrition, safety and functional needs of the patient.
2. Uses appropriate resources for patients with special needs such as language barriers, sensory problems, altered cognition, cultural and religious needs.
3. Integrates principles of infection control & infection prevention into practice.
4. Uses standard precautions and uses personal protective equipment.
5. Interacts with the patient in a manner that preserves patient dignity, privacy, and meets psychosocial needs of the patient.
6. Bathes patients and provides assistance with hygiene. (Includes baths, mouth care, shaves males, combs hair, washes patient's hair as requested.)
7. Changes bed linens for occupied and unoccupied beds.
8. Changes incontinent patients promptly and provides appropriate skin care.
9. Empties bedpans, urinals, commodes, and assists patient to the bathroom.
10. Assists patients with meals, feeds patients as needed.
11. Distributes nourishments as scheduled.
12. Provides fresh water at bedside as appropriate.
Education Training and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Training and/or experience at an acute care or skilled nursing facility or student nurse with hospital based clinical experience.
Phlebotomy and EKG skills preferred
Basic computer skills: keyboard, mouse use. Ability to complete data entry on clinical documentation screens. Ability to use email, and internet. Ability to successfully complete on the job training for CCH computer programs.
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
CPR certification required.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification Preferred
Safe Patient Handling education
ACC, CVU, ICU & PINU Specialty Specific Requirements
Perform 12 lead EKG
Work Environment and Hazards
Risk exposure to communicable diseases and potentially hazardous materials and body fluids. May become involved in crisis situations.
Work Contact Group
The Chester County Hospital personnel, physicians, vendors, patients, and their families.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Posting ID: 551542901Posted: 2020-07-28