LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Performs skilled nursing services under the supervision of a staff RN on a daily basis.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as permitted by State regulations on an as needed basis.
- Assists the physician and/or staff RN in performing specialized procedures on an as needed basis.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living and encourages appropriate self-care on a daily basis.
- Reports to the patient's physician and other appropriate personnel regarding pertinent changes in the patient's condition on an as needed basis.
- Performs complex wound care if in-service is documented for specific procedure on a daily or as needed basis.
- Receives and follows physician orders within realm of practice for an LPN and within the standards of hospice practice but may not alter the plan of care on a daily basis.
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line and attends assigned in-services on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report to Administrator, or designee, to ensure continuity of the Care Management process.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding patient care every two weeks.
- Participates in QAPI plan and process on a daily basis identifying any potential problems and reporting to administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining medications ordered by the physician and included in the patient's Plan of care. Assures compliance when possible of medication regime within the specified formulary on a regular basis.
- Maintains personnel file.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Formal Education:
Associate Degree or certification equivalentLicense, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement:
Yes License Requirements
- Unrestricted licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Posting ID: 551547291Posted: 2020-08-04