Position Description Sunday to Thursday ScheduleFridays and Saturdays Off!
Second Shift! 4:00pm to 12:30am
Great pay, paid weekly! 401k, health, dental and vision insurance!
We are currently hiring for a Fuel Island Attandent/Entry Level Diesel Technician in Tucson, AZ!
for more information! Do you have experience on a Service Island or Fuel Bay?Do you follow strict policies and procedures? (safety is of the utmost importance to us)Do you have Mechanical Experience?Do you have experience repairing or replacing large equipment tires or heavy truck tires?Are you OK with working outside daily?If you answered "Yes" to these questions, please apply today!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- ON THE JOB TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
Your job will be to perform all tasks related to the Service Island including inventories and inspections at the maintenance facility including: Fueling, washing and detailing vehicles.
Check the tire pressure, check the oil and report service issues to the shop.
Record fuel activity and maintain proper fuel and DEF inventories and reconciliation.
Move heavy duty vehicles (You must be able to obtain CDL within 90 days after hire)
Perform minor maintenance tasks such as tire repairs.
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for!
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Up to one (1) year of experience preferred/no experience required
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills; must be able to understand customer's verbal communication
- Understanding of computer hardware and software, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and email. Must be able to read and understand codes and instructions on the computer; must have basic computer skills and ability to perform data entry
Must be 18 years of age or older
- High degree of thoroughness and dependability; must be able to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends,and holidays; must be able to work at different locations
- Ability to:
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capability for multi-tasking and highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A
- DOT Safety Regulated Position; This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
o Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
o Pass a Ryder Drug Test
o Pass a DOT physical
o Pass a Ryder road test
o Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Safety Sensitive Position
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Fuel vehicles
- Wash and detail vehicles; move heavy duty vehicles
- Perform multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by company policies and procedures; check tire pressure; report service issues to shop
- Record fuel activity and maintain proper fuel and DEF inventories and reconciliation
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies
- Perform some facility maintenance; perform minor maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Change tires
- Inspect refrigeration units on trucks
- Empty trash
- Perform other duties as assigned
Posting ID: 551547901Posted: 2020-07-28