Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission. Located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills, Adventist Health Sonora is proud to care for its community, and features an extraordinary medical team of world-class physicians and specialists, top-notch medical technology, caring professionals, and award-winning quality-all in the heart of California's "Gold Country". Winner of the CALNOC Performance Excellence Award three years in a row, Adventist Health Sonora is committed to delivering exceptional care and offers outpatient and inpatient services including total cancer care, diagnostic imaging, heart and vascular care, orthopedics, and more. Just 50 miles northeast of Modesto, Sonora is seated in Tuolumne County, ripe with countless scenic and recreational opportunities for all ages including a historic downtown, numerous hiking and biking trails, lakes, camp sites, and year round festivals, which abound in this community.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Surgical Specialist who:
Delivers coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients in the surgery department according to established standards of care and the nursing process. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned nursing staff, and coordinates care with other disciplines while utilizing critical thinking, professional and supervisory discretion, and independent judgment. Essential Functions:
- Collects relevant data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis and care issues. Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain outcomes. Implements the plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment. Evaluates progress toward attaining outcomes. Identifies outcomes for the patient or the patient's situation.
- Collaborates with the team of patient, family, and healthcare providers in providing patient care in a safe, healing, humane, and caring environment. Provides learning opportunities for patients/family members and team members. Directly provides health information to patients, families, and treatment team.
- Maintains appropriate supply of equipment and materials. Maintains complete, accurate, concise, legible documentation of patient status, interventions and responses.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Perioperative nursing experience: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) membership: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required
Posting ID: 551548341Posted: 2020-07-14