The Accounts Receivable Collection Clerk provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers of Copart. Through a thorough understanding of Copart practices, the AR Collection Clerk offers solutions that aid and facilitate a unique customer service experience. The AR Collection Clerk is accountable for collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from customers, which may include a variety of customer location techniques, collection methods, legal claims and selective use of outside collection services.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire on payment status
- Use company resources to gather information and offer solutions to meet customer needs
- Negotiate payoff deadlines of payment plans
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Proven experience as a debt collector
- Skilled in negotiation
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Computer proficiency - MS Office, Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional phone manner
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
Business Line Copart, Inc.
Posting ID: 551555062Posted: 2020-07-14