It’s the dream job you never have to wake up from. At SONIC, you’ll whistle while you work, gaining a sense of accomplishment along the way. You’ll interact with fantastic people, earn great pay, sport a cool uniform.
As a SONIC Drive-In restaurant General Manager, you are indeed a general—leading your troops in a never-ending campaign to give America an infinitely more delicious food service experience. You will be involved in training and supporting drive-in restaurant employees, ensuring that food is delivered in a clean, safe and efficient manner and our customers have an excellent experience.
Essential General Manager restaurant job duties are listed below:
● Manages, trains, monitors and coaches Crew/ Team members, Carhops and Skating Carhops
● Directs and assigns drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
● Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices
● Performs restaurant opening and/or closing duties
● Prepares employee work schedules; monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to restaurant staffing levels
● Monitors and maintains restaurant inventory levels. Places orders for food, paper and other supplies within cost control procedures
● Completes and maintains all drive-in restaurant employment related records and payroll records
● Reinforces a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
● Immediately and respectfully resolves guest requests. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints
● Interview and hire restaurant crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels
● Prepare all necessary operational reports. Develop appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends
● Develop and implement a marketing plan
Additional General Manager Requirements:
? High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
? Minimum of two (2) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
? Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek with 4 closing shifts (or 4 day workweek guaranteed) including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
? Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
? Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
? Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
? Basic accounting and computer skills
? Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
? Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
? Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee's knees, cruisin' . . . you get the picture! It's downright sensational!!
All that's missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.