Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Patient Financial Advocate (1.0 FTE, Day Shift ) to work in Medical Oncology in Seattle, WA.The Patient Financial Advocate identifies and coordinates all aspects of financial obligations for private pay patients, which also includes but is not limited to, patient relations, physician liaison regarding financial liabilities, deposit estimates and collections.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- Reviews demographic, insurance and financial information, and uses sound problem-solving and decision-making skills to work extensively with patients to identify potential linkages to alternative coverage options.
- Exhibits strong determination and resolution skills when exhausting funding options that may be available to patients.
- Uses critical thinking and research skills to find and assist with applications to alternative coverage options that may include but are not limited to motor vehicle accident coverage, workers comp., victims or crime, COBRA, and community outreach programs.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of documents to internal and external departments and agencies as needed.
- Discusses financial arrangements with incoming patients and/or family members and explains billing and collections policies.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree. Additional experience may substitute for degree
- Three (3) years experience in patient financial services or medical billing in a hospital business office or five years of experience without degree.
About Swedish Shared Services.
- Previous experience in working claim denials
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.About Us
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
First Hill Arnold Bldg (WA181) 1221 Madison Seattle, 98104Req ID: