Description:Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Patient Services Representative (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Float Pool Department at Seattle, WA.Provide effective and efficient front office services to patients; coordinate internal and external clinic phone communications among staff, patients, and providers; accurately collect records and ensure distribution to appropriate staff via computer and/or manual systems; administer co-pay collection from patients; perform clerical, scheduling, and records activities in support of patients and staff.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- Greet and check-in patients and visitors in a friendly, courteous manner in person and on the phone; direct flow of patients and calls.
- Collect and verify accurate and complete demographic information from patient or family member. Accurately enter all data into the information system and update established patient files as necessary.
- Ensure proper referrals and authorizations are in place at time of check in.
- Perform screening function with patients to determine appropriate staff/departments to best meet patient needs and refer appropriately.
- Oversee the processing of all clerical records and information for clinic patients including cashiering, encounter forms, patient charts, etc.
- Provide information to patients regarding financial policies, registration requirements, etc
Preferredqualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion.
About Swedish Medical Group:
- Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.About Us
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Bank Of America Bldg (WA239) 800 Fifth Ave Seattle, 98104Req ID:
Posting ID: 551800168Posted: 2020-08-07