Overview The Brand that Gets You to What's Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe. A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The primary position responsibilities outlined below are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be required.
BUILD TALENT - Develop and motivate associates
- Maximize sales potential by coaching associate behaviors on the sales floor and in the stockroom (Maximize Customer Sales Lead (CSL))
- Communicate individual and team performance feedback to management
- Ensure associates consistently demonstrate client service standards
- Assist SLT in conducting new associate onboarding and sales training
BUILD CAPABILITY - Partner with Sales Leadership Team to execute action plans that optimize results and ensure effective execution
- Ensure adherence to all company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in meeting payroll targets by ensuring appropriate sales floor coverage and maintaining a selling focus
- Ensure associates receive scheduled breaks and meal periods
- Perform merchandise flow duties for the sales floor and stockroom as directed
- Perform POS transactions on designated shifts and execute management functions
- Perform omni-channel operation duties as directed
BUILD THE BRAND - Promote and support an environment that is sharply focused on consistently delivering an exceptional, positive in-store customer experience
- Lead and model the company's selling and customer service standards
- Display expert knowledge of product, company policies and store/company strategies
- Provide leadership or assistance with floorsets, window changes, visual presentation standards, signage placement, etc.
- Assist in resolving customer service matters
- Proven ability to successfully lead a sales team; viewed as a leader among peers
- Demonstrated sales accountability
- Customer service experience - 6 months minimum
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, peers and supervisors
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to consistently walk the store's floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom
- Ability to climb up and down ladders
If you would like to know more about the California Consumer Privacy Act click here.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States
Posting ID: 551801286Posted: 2020-08-07