Team Leader -WAY Flint JobID: 17320 Position Type:
WAY Academy FlintDate Available:
Widening Advancements for Youth - website
Additional Information: Show/HideWAY Team Leader Job DescriptionFind Your WAY! Join WAY's Team
Welcome to an educational experience that encourages collaboration, achieving excellence, and a clear path to college and careers. Welcome to a place where every student is provided with a personalized, project based student-centered learning experience, unique in-school, and online environments with 24/7 live access to educators.
WAY provides young people with a world-class education so that he/she is prepared with the tools for success in life after graduating with a high school diploma. WAY is changing the way students are being taught by embracing the way they already learn.
Starting with one school in 2012 on Detroit's southwest side, the WAY Network of Charter Schools has grown to serve over 650 students from different communities at 3 separate locations in Detroit and Flint.
As WAY continues to grow in size and impact, we are always looking for great people to join our team and mission.WAY Non-Negotiables:
Purpose of Job
- A history of achieving excellence
- A strong desire to work as part of a collaborative team
- Belief in WAY's approach to student-centered learning
- A professional history of over-delivery
The purpose of the Team Leader position is to remove educational barriers for our students.Qualifications:
Michigan Teaching Certification Preferred, Elementary or Secondary
Minimum of a Bachelors DegreeLocation
: Detroit Salary:
40,000 yearly plus full single person benefits after 90 days. Also, a genral PTO packageAccountability:
• The Team Leader is responsible to designated WAY Directors for all matters pertaining to the WAY Program model.Essential Skills Required:
• Broad educational experience.
• Experience in dealing with young people with risk factors in their lives and their families.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience of child protection issues.
• Ability to manage and work within a large team.
• Experience communicating and networking with other professional agencies.Desirable Skills Required:
• Mac literacy and technical literacy.
• An understanding of issues surrounding young people's disaffection with education.
• Understanding of research methodology and skills.
• Presentation skills.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Assist young people in removing barriers to learning by collaborating across networks.
• Communicate with W-A-Y Program central team to ensure that W-A-Y Program model, policy and practice is followed.
• Attend Team Leader meetings and training sessions as required.
• Monitor project deliverables and communications to ensure follow-up and continuity between mentors and researchers.
• Monitor mentor reports and other such requirements.
• Multi-task and be prepared to offer support to other team members as the need arises.
• Provide intervention with researchers when necessary.
• Ensure that child protection issues are dealt with promptly keep the local project team informed.
• Ensure that no researcher is offline for technical reasons for more than 48 hours.
• Ensure that each researcher has access to the standard equipment and connectivity.
• Contribute actively to W-A-Y community.
• Contribute to project research through experiences and discoveries.
• Report on research as required by the project contract.
• Report to and collaborate with W-A-Y Program central team when required.
• Ensure that research data required by W-A-Y Program central team is accurate and up to date.
• Keep abreast with technical developments and maintain a level of computer literacy relevant to projects.
• Public Relations.
• Promote locally: to schools, social services institutions, youth offender institutions and other organizations.
• Any other duties as required from time to time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
W-A-Y is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No W-A-Y employee will discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.