This is the job description for HOUSEKEEPING HOUSE PERSON - UTILITY
Job Title: Housekeeping House Person/Utility
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Job Purpose: To perform a combination of tasks which maintain hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner, thereby contributing to a pleasant, positive guest experience.
1. Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other
2. Abides by the regulations set forth by the material safety data sheets when using chemicals.
3. Moves/arranges furniture and dusts/polishes furniture, metalwork and equipment.
4. Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms and mops and powered scrubbing and waxing
machines. Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaner.
5. Collects soiled linens for laundering and receives and stores linen supplies in linen closet.
6. Cleans bathrooms and replenishes with supplies.
7. Refurnishes room with supplies, towels etc. as required. Supplies cleaning cart with appropriate supplies for
8. Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork; washes windows, door panels, and sills.
9. Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays. Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
10. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
2. Understand simple instructions.
3. Learn simple procedures and techniques.
4. Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: High school diploma preferred
Experience: None required
X Stand for long periods of time Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Lift/carry over 50 lbs. On high precarious places
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of
manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Working Conditions: Indicate the environmental aspects of the job.
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
Posting ID: 55203543Posted: 2021-04-13Job Title: Person Utility