Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various What does the Activities Assistant do?
If you want a highly impactful, fun, difference making job…this is for you! In the Activities Assistant role, in short, you would be coordinating, planning and help execute many events to bring joy to our residents' lives to help them thrive. Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Activities Assistant role and what can we offer you?
In this job, every day you will…
- The activities and programming you will help develop and run will bring a sense of security, community and fun to our residents' lives.
- Strong promote from within culture, with the Activities Assistant role as a great starting point in the skilled nursing/assisted living/memory care space.
- You would get to interact with our wonderful residents, working in a home-like setting.
- Work with a high performing care team focused on loving and serving seniors.
- Our 35+ year old, family-owned and operated organization (with over 80 locations in 8 states) means we aren't too small, but not too big. You are known here.
1. Assist in carrying out the life enrichment programs as identified in the monthly calendar and as instructed by the Activities Director, including making sure copies of the calendar are posted throughout the care center and available to each resident, his or her families, and friends.
2. Provide one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
3. Assist in decorating for the holidays with the help of residents and the volunteers and helps carryout special events.
4. Coordinates with the Activities Director and other staff as necessary to bring residents to and from activities and events.
5. Maintain life enrichment equipment and supplies, and organizes the activities storage areas in an orderly and clean manner.
6. Assist in carrying out a life enrichment activity in the absence of the Activities Director.
7. Assist with quarterly special events that include residents, families, friends and the community at large. Education & Experience you need to qualify:
Ways you can advance beyond the Activities Assistant role:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- You will need to complete a state certified activities training program or having one or more years of direct programming experience with older adults is helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- You will need the ability to speak effectively before groups of residents, staff and volunteers.
- Valid commercial Class B drivers license, and access to a private vehicle for business use may be required.
Once you master this role, you could consider the Activities Director, Life Enrichment Assistant (assisted living), Life Enrichment Director (assisted living), Central Supply Coordinator, or other higher level clinical jobs (Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, etc.) with higher levels of education.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED – At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different. Prestige Post-Acute & Rehab Center - CentraliaTHE LOCATION
Located at 917 South Scheuber Road, the beautiful 128-bed community at Prestige Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center – Centralia boasts an award-winning team committed to great healthcare. If you are looking for a fun, team-work focused culture in an environment with varied work pace, look no further!
Team members at 5-Star CMS Rated Prestige Care Centralia collaborate to ensure the comfort, safety, and happiness of their patients and residents. Our management team believes in participative leadership and empowered staff and strive to build strong relationships with employees in every department. All team members are encouraged to give feedback and are also offered regular training and education opportunities!
Under the leadership and structure of Administrator Rebecca Christiansen, the team at Prestige Care Centralia take pride in recognition for their commitment to the health and well-being of their residents and patients. Prestige Care Centralia was recently recognized for the following:
- 2020 Tier 2 Certificate of Achievement Quality Initiative Recognition Program – AHCA/NCAL
- 2019 Clinical Excellence Award – Infinity Rehab
As a team member at Prestige Care Centralia, you join a group dedicated to community involvement and support. We currently partner with local colleges for nursing preceptorships and regularly collaborate with community providers. THE COMPANY
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is an employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.