Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified applicants for its Adjunct Instructor – Central Sterile Processing position, in the Office of Surgical Technology Division. This position is located on Atlanta Tech's Main Campus, just South of Downtown Atlanta. Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and delivers quality curriculum with daily instruction of students.
- Under general supervision, demonstrates the use of appropriate teaching techniques. Demonstrates the use of appropriate testing and grading procedures, including proper maintenance of grade books and any other appropriate record-keeping requirements. Demonstrates the effective use of oral and written communication skills, and knowledge of current procedures in the Surgical Technology field.
- Follows approved curriculum standards and course syllabi.
- Monitors student use of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Advises and counsels students, and maintains appropriate advisement records on each student. Maintains classrooms and laboratories in accordance with approved classroom and lab management plans.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Observes and enforces the institution's policies and regulations.
- Assists with student recruitment and job placement.
- Serves on committees.
- Maintains qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) and accreditation standards.
- Follows rules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) and other policies and procedures established by the institution.
Applicant must possess an Associate's Degreein a Health Care related field or in Science from an accredited Technical College and a Certification in Central Sterile Technology.
Must possess an International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) Accreditation OR a National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) Accreditation.
Minimum of one year in-field work experience within the past three years OR a minimum of (1) year of current operating room knowledge in the scrub role and/or (1) year of current experience as an instructor in surgical technology.
Occupational experience must meet the current requirements of the appropriate certification/licensing board for the area of instruction.
Must have excellent communication, organizational, administrative and clinical skills. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in Health care related or in Science from an accredited college or university and previous teaching experience in a postsecondary environment. WORK SCHEDULE:
Tuesday and Thursday; May be required to teach at other locations and other locations in the community.PLEASE UPLOAD A RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111A, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111A, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Georgina Dumay, Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.