Server/Barista - Part Time - Abiitan Mill City - Minneapolis, MN
Abiitan Mill City is seeking a Part Time Server to join its team. We are seeking an energetic, friendly, service focused person for this dynamic role. Abiitan is an Ecumen senior housing community situated in the heart of the Mill City District of Downtown Minneapolis.
Our team members are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives. We are looking for team members who can embrace creativity and deliver excellent customer service to make Abiitan the very best place to work in Downtown Minneapolis.
The Server/Barista is responsible for having positive guest interactions while serving in a friendly and efficient manner. This position is integral to ensuring our customers have exceptional experiences. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive our guests' needs, making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Part Time
- 56 Hours Per Pay Period - Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am - 4 pm
- Takes Orders at Cash Register
- Serves Customers Items from our Grab & Go Food Area including Baked Goods
- Creates and Serves Coffee Drinks including: lattes, cappuccino, regular/decaf coffees, teas
- Gorgeous Location - with FREE underground (heated) parking
- 401k Retirement with Generous Matching Program
- Team Members receive 50% off at our delicious Porter Cafe
- Collaborative & Engaged Team Environment
- Robust Training & Mentoring of New Team Members
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Prepare area by setting decorations, condiments, napkins, plates and utensils.
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Help patrons select food and beverages and answering any questions guests have.
- Utilize cash register/coffee machinery
- Maintain food in grab and go area, replenishing utensils, keeping area neat and tidy for patrons.
Qualifications ServerMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Successfully interact with a diverse culture base
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- 1+ years' serving experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.