The Fresh Market & You:
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We're looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a "can-do" attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution! Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team Member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
- AND much more!
About the Position:
Do you have 1-2 years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook? Are you guest-service oriented? Do you enjoy variety? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. We're looking for team members who have the ability to work in our Square (Kitchen) as a Hot Cooks Team Member. You'll be an ideal fit if you're detail-oriented, work well in teams and make our guests your top priority.
What You'll Do:
- Consistently provide excellent guest service, which includes:
- Engaging with our guests to learn their wants and needs so that you can help them create their meal solution while making recipes on demand
- Maintaining knowledge of products and weekly ad items throughout the store and work across the kitchen to assist guests
- Ensure excellent product is ready for our guests by inspecting our store products for proper rotation, cleaning, sanitation procedures to eliminate cross-contamination on the front line, completing reports as necessary
- Manage stations for our guests to include chopped and grain bowls, customized hot pizzas, biscuits/sandwiches, smoothies, coffee, beer/wine and prepared salads
- Receive orders and stock them according to standards
- Create a hospitable shopping experience by merchandising and stocking our products and specialty items throughout the day, while also making sure nearby guests are assisted
- Follow all The Fresh Market standards, policies and protocols
- Present self in a professional manner, including adhering to uniform standards
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing following recipes.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sauting, smoking, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Follows production schedules and completes production reports as directed..
- Sets service area with finished prepared foods for service
- Performs inventory checks and completes logs and communicates inventory needs.
Qualifications: At a minimum, what you'll need
- A passion for providing extraordinary service
- Must be at least 18 years of age **with the exception of Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio must be at least 19 years of age
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
Physical and Work Conditions:
- 1-2 years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
- Experience working in the retail, hospitality or restaurant industries
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law. The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.