We Are Hiring
M-F schedule rotates 630-3, 8-430 or 1030-7.
Alternating weekends and holiday coverage required. What You Will Do
Assist technologists and take radiologic film providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems and provides support for the imaging department.
What You Will Need
- Explain procedures to patient to ensure understanding.
- Provide appropriate educational material.
- Transport patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures.
- Assist technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assist technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery of reports to patients and physicians.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Prevent patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Perform post procedural duties including patient discharge, room clean up and restocking supplies.
- Assist with inventory control.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Why Join Our Team
- Transport and Clerical duties required
- Customer service
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.