Are you looking to have fun while making a difference in someone's life?Who We Are
At Americare we make a difference in the everyday lives of others and we are proud of the work we do. We have created communities that embrace our team members like family. We have a culture of recognition, empowerment and a side of fun. Our senior living communities are places where excellence thrives and that we call home. Americare has earned both the 2020 Customer Approved and Employee Approved awards from Lincoln, Nebraska–based healthcare-intelligence firm NRC Health! We provide competitive compensation with annual performance wage rate increases.
A few of our benefit highlights:
- Access to wages daily
- Vaccines for employees
- Free meal per shift
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition assistance
- Vacation/Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- Free Professional Employee Coaching
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
- Advancement Opportunities
Interested in joining the Americare Family?
Browse our current job openings in your area.
Certified Medication TechnicianCertified Medication AideAbout Americare
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. Men and women who have served sons and daughters, grandchildren, neighbors and their country in countless ways both small and great. Now it's our turn to help. We consider it a privilege to serve those who have passed on to us, "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
At the heart of every Americare community is a philosophy of person centered care. This philosophy guides every decision we make. Person centered care comes alive in our communities and truly makes a difference in the lives of our residents, their families and our co workers. Over 90% of Americare employees would recommend their community as a great place to work.
To be fully considered applicants must include resume with their salary expectations.
Our Certified Medication Aide is an employee certified to administer medications, in accordance with state and federal laws, under the supervision of licensed staff to residents within Americare assisted living facilities. Provide residents with direct care to assure quality of life in a home like environment while offering additional support to family and visitors. Maintains professional behavior while functioning as an interdisciplinary team member meeting state and federal guidelines.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Administers prescribed medications to residents and maintains related medical records under supervision of licensed nurse.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug and dosage and time of administration on specified forms or records such as MAR.
- Presents medication to resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication, using specified procedures.
- Takes vital signs or observes resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notified designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered. Gives direct patient care, such as bathing, dressing
Benefits of Joining our Team
- Opportunity to work with a professional team in a growing industry
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to succeed
- Competitive compensation and a great benefit package including 401(k)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
- High school graduate and minimum age of 18 years of age
- Completion Certified Medication Technician or Med Level One course and obtain certification in current state
- Training to obtain Med Level One course certification
We offer employees access to wages on demand