Eaton's Electrical Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a CNC Machinist – 3rd Shift to join our team, pay starting at $21.45/hour.
This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000*, less applicable withholding.
• Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only.
• Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply.
• Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
• Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $500, less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3) months of employment and the remaining $500, less applicable withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of employment.
The CNC Machinist is responsible for setting up and operating various CNC Mill and Lathe Machines. In this role, you will be expected to identify and use proper tools, gages, and equipment for the process. You will be responsible for understanding various work processes and performing various machining operations within the CNC Machining group.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this function you will:
- Maintain tolerances, inspection, and production standards.
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
- Operate multiple machines in the CNC Machining group.
- Make offsets based on inspection of parts in accordance to print specifications/instructions.
- Download & edit programs from network system (DNC) into the machine.
- Responsible for setting-up and selecting proper machine tooling, speeds & feeds.
- Proficient use of micrometers, calipers, indicators, and various other measuring instruments.
- Assist Quality and Engineering teams with problem solving and troubleshooting for new product development.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and general maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and follow general housekeeping (5S+) standard.
- Interpret print datum structure and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications :Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience interpreting engineering prints.
- Minimum of one (1) year of CNC Machine experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of machine set up experience, including tool touch off's and fixture installation.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the South Milwaukee, WI location. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria:
- Minimum of two (2) years of machine set up experience, including tool touch off's and fixture installation.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience interpreting engineering prints.
- Minimum of two (2) years of CNC Machine experience.
- Experience with operating Mazak, Doosan, Ganesh, or Hardinge machines.
- Experience operating Fanuc or Mazak controllers and editing G&M code.
- Formal technical training or degree in manufacturing trades.
- Ability to operate all workstations effectively in the CNC Machinist group.
- Ability to learn and operate in multiple machine cells.
- Ability to perform in a team matrix environment.
- Ability to read and use drawings, routings, blueprints, specifications, part numbers, and other shop documents affecting this position.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
- Must be able to walk/stand for an eight-hour shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 44lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.