Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Lead Payroll Associate (System) who:
Performs functions/assignments associated with the computation, production and distribution of all system employee payroll checks, records and data. Provides guidance to staff within the latitude of established work area and policies. Works with sensitive and confidential information involving the interpretation of policies and procedures to guide use. This position will focus on payroll regulatory reporting, payroll tax and payroll accounting along with reconciliation in these areas. Essential Functions:
- Oversees the processing of new hires, terminations, tax exemptions and other data into payroll system, including reviewing/auditing of information entered by Human Resources. Reviews and audits employees timecard records in the electronic Time & Attendance System (API). Makes decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group such as coordinating work activities, monitoring adherence to schedules and reporting resource issues.
- Transmits payroll records electronically to the bank to affect fund transfer to employee accounts. Monitors, produces and distributes by-weekly reports of hours and earnings. Distributes payroll reports, as needed. Processes employment verifications. Processes, reconciles and issues W-2's at year end.
- Monitors answering of employee inquiries concerning payroll deductions, check amounts, outstanding balances and payroll concerns. Maintains and processes deductions and transmittals for garnishments, disability, worker's compensation and retirement accounts. Applies substantial knowledge and experience to perform a wide range of advanced activities and/or determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Serves as working supervisor for team or work group.
- Ensures all required payroll tax deposits are calculated and transmitted bi-weekly, quarterly and yearly for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and State requirements. Completes required State and Federal Payroll reports with the exception of Payroll Tax reports. Provides guidance to a work team in the day-to-day performance of their jobs or serves as the owner of a job function.
- Prepares and calculates check amounts based on hours worked/earned, for manual checks, as needed between payrolls for corrections/terminations. Participates in the preparation of the department budget.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:Education:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Five years healthcare payroll experience: Preferred
- Multi-state experience: Preferred
- Payroll Professional Certification: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.