Overview Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Job Description Omni Nashville Hotel is excited to offer competitive wages and benefits, growth opportunities, paid time off, and hotel stay discounts! If you love hospitality, and have a passion to serve others then you'll love working with the Omni Nashville Hotel – apply today!
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Barlines Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Utilize a hands-on approach to training and developing kitchen staff.
- Responsible for efficient food and labor cost.
- Ensure that all services provided achieve the established standards, within the agreed budgetary controls.
- Responsible for overseeing equipment maintenance and safety in all food service areas.
- Training and education of staff from the basics of cooking, organization, cleaning and food safety to advanced cooking techniques and culinary knowledge.
- To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Barlines Chef
- Monitor china, glass and silver usage/breakage and inventory. Able to source product and specs for any needed equipment.
- Monitors kitchen policy of uniforms, attendance, and appearance on culinary and stewarding employees.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all walk-in coolers and freezers, to include pastry, all reach in coolers, dry storage, and public use areas of kitchen. This is a daily task that must be completed.
- Control food safety and sanitation within the entire kitchen, educate and train in needed areas. Check dates and quality of all areas of food service.
- Communicate with food and beverage managers and Director of Food & Beverage on all issues and activity.
- Oversees and participates in food production.
- Able to expedite and perform all station or line cook functions.
- Completes daily production list for line staff and delegates assigned duties, follow purchasing and ordering established guidelines.
- In conjunction with the Barlines Chef and Executive Steward, ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Responsible for all sauce, stock, dressings and butchery production according to kitchen standards and specifications.
- Works with staff on mise en plas and checks each station for completion and quality prior to service.
- Current with food industry, broad, advanced culinary knowledge and cooking skills, able to teach.
- Maintains a positive attitude and positive, inspiring, motivated, kitchen environment.
- Able to develop recipes, food cost analysis and menu development.
- Fluent in all areas of food safety and health department as determined by the Tennessee Department of Health and corporate mandated ECOSURE.
- Involved with work and work related issues, communicates with other managers outside of Food & Beverage Department to contribute to a smooth hotel operation.
- Capable of being described by others as passionate about work, food and people. When speaking about work, others in the kitchen and department are excited about what you have to say or demonstrate.
- Candidate is required to have at least 2 years culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant kitchen with a minimum one-year kitchen supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- Computer literate and detail orientated is a must.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Must have experience managing payroll and scheduling.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
- Serve Safe certified food manager.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.