A substantial part of the 200-acre Viking Lakes mixed-use development, this destination is home to the Minnesota Vikings headquarters, Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center and TCO Stadium. The location is easily accessible from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, the Mall of America and airport, with additional uses for the planned development to include corporate offices, retail, restaurants and entertainment.
The 320-room luxury hotel features more than 35,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and pre-function space, including a 7,500-square-foot ballroom, a 4,410-square-foot event center and six two-story hospitality lounges for groups and meeting planners to utilize. From small board meetings, conferences and large galas or special events to Sunday football tailgates and more, the Omni Viking Lakes Hotel accommodates groups of all sizes with its robust meetings offerings, multiple food and beverage venues, a signature spa and state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
Job Description Omni Viking Lakes Hotel
in Eagan, MN is seeking a guest-focused Banquet Server
to join this brand new upscale hotel just outside of Minneapolis and St. Paul. This team member will ensures that all food and beverage service for functions in the banquet department of the hotel are served on time and that all of Omni's professional standards are upheld.
- Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers.
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
- Maintain overall presentation of banquet functions with attention to detail by ensuring that linens and chairs are clean and straight; floors, walls, and windows are clean; light bulbs are not burnt out; centerpieces are fresh (if applicable) and polished; condiments are clean and full according to standards.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
- Report to the Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO's).
- Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
- Complete banquet consumption sheets as designated by the Banquet Captain and Manager.
- Attend department meetings and other company required trainings.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Previous serving and guest service experience required, four-star/four-diamond hotel or resort banquet experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have and maintain current TIPS, ServSafe or equivalent alcohol training
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Must agree and adhere to compensation acknowledgment and tip reporting guidelines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and portray a friendly demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Must consistently demonstrate a teamwork-oriented and positive attitude
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand and walk for the duration of a full shift.
- Must be able to walk, push, pull, stoop, bend and lift items of moderate weight.