The USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology is seeking a full-time Instructional Professor, non-tenure track, to teach in the Master's degree programs. The following list of duties applies to a typical instructional faculty member, please note that some faculty positions include a combination of teaching and administrative or service duties, as noted below:
• Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes. Faculty members are expected to teach a minimum of three, four-unit courses each semester.
• Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations related to biology of aging, microbiology, nutrition, and health and disease.
• Participate in program-level learning assessment. Participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
• Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in the textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internship, observation, field experience, and similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
We seek a candidate who has a true passion for the field of Gerontology and possesses a field related degree. Candidates who have professional, teaching, medical background, biological and/or neuroscience, and/or MD are preferred. Applicants should have a broad and critical understanding of topics related to diseases of aging. Full-Time Instructional Professors will spend the majority of their time on teaching and teaching-related duties.
Applicants must provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three names for references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
REQ20087262 Posted Date: 06/29/2021