Overview Job Summary:
Provide expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze metrics and financial data for the Employed Provider Network (EPN). Requires having the interpretation skills necessary to communicate reports for a variety of stakeholders including physicians, administrative staff and EPN leaders. Promotes collaborative practices with other hospital departments and providers. Requires the ability to work with others to identify opportunities and implement solutions. Must be able to adjust to, and lead others, through rapidly changing environments while demonstrating emotional and professional intelligence.Demonstrates through behavior Decatur Morgan Hospital's mission, vision and values.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Develop financial analysis reports, including service specific quality and financial dashboards.
- Compile and validate all monthly financials for EPN.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly wRVU reports for provider payment.
- Point of contact for billing companies.
- Understands employment contracts and compensation structures including using MGMA and/or other data banks to build pro-formas and determine fair market salaries.
- Works collaboratively with EPN Service Line Director and Clinic Managers on annual budgets, financial reporting, planning, and improvement.
- Prioritize improvement opportunities to meet strategic hospital/department goals for growth, revenue, quality, and payor metrics.
- Assists EPN Leadership with new clinic startup budgets and/or basic statistical analyses for new projects.
- Oversees payor credentialing processes.
- Continuously evaluates financial processes to improve revenue cycle.
- Oversees the monthly revenue cycle meetings with hospital admin and providers.
- Responds to physicians and leadership on matters concerning financial aspects of the EPN.
- Enforces hospital/department policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with JCAHO requirements and all federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance and actions and excellence in customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required: Knowledge/Skills:
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge in use of Microsoft Excel.
- Programming skills a plus. Adept at queries and report writing.
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Able to comprehend financial data.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams to achieve organization-wide outcomes.
Minimum of three years management experience required. Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other related field is required. Additional Skills/Abilities:
Must be able to prioritize and change tasks frequently. Ability to assist with setting priorities and follow through with workload. Coordination, monitoring, assessing and evaluation skills are needed.