Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for aPatient Registration Representative (1.0FTE,Evening Shift) to work in Patient Registration Department at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.We are seeking a Patient Registration Representative to the coordinate information and support needed for the flow of patients in the Swedish Medical Center and Emergency Department environment. Provides front line customer service including reception and Registration.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position include:
- Greet and direct patients and visitors presenting to all patient access areas within Swedish Health Services
- Work closely with patient, families, visitors, physicians, and staff to identify needs, answer questions, resolve problems, or provide other information. Exhibit exceptional compassion and sensitivity to all.
- Demonstrate Culture of Safety values in daily operations. Is a patient advocate. Identify special needs of patients (e.g. need for interpreter, wheelchair, too ill to wait at front desk) and communicates appropriately to assure safe patient care outcomes.
- Interview patients applying Patient Selection and Creation P & P and obtains patient demographic and insurance information. Documents complete and accurate information in EPIC ADT application including coverage eligibility, scanning and PCP information. Dispenses patient information brochures.
- Perform timely and accurate registration, sign-in/check-in functionality notification of patient arrival of all patient types.
Preferred qualifications for this position include
- High School Diploma or GED
About the Cherry Hill Campus.
- Associate's Degree
- Two (2) year s experience in a medical setting with inpatient or outpatient admitting
- Patient Registration or financial counseling or insurance and medical terminology experience
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About Us
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Cherry Hill Main Bldg (WA150) 500 17th Ave James Tower Seattle, 98122Req ID: