We Are Hiring
Coding Auditor - Full Time, hourly - Ascension Medical Group
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Partially remote. Candidates must be located in Middle TN as in office work is required.
The Coding Auditor should possess coding certification and previous HCC Coding experience is preferred. The Coding Auditor will be focused on front facing provider education and responsibilities will involve extensive chart analysis and providing education to providers on HCC coding and documentation best practices. Candidates should possess strong communication skills and attention to detail. Interested candidates, please apply! What You Will Do
Perform periodic and ongoing audits of claims to ensure accuracy of coding and billing, and sufficiency of supporting documentation.
What You Will Need
- Audit specified number of records per coder as defined in the system coding audit plan.
- Prepare audit reports that are issued to key stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Develop corrective action plans to address opportunities for coding, billing and documentation improvement.
- Identify trends and educational opportunities. Prepare and present educational programs related to coding.
- Assist in the management of the coding and billing auditing and monitoring program to address high risk compliance areas.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred.
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work