We Are HiringWhat You Will Do
Deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
What You Will Need
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and manage overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assist operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepare operating room and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work