We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN)
Labor and Delivery
ST. Thomas Rutherford Hospital
Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville area)
-Generous Paid Time Off
-403b Retirement Plan Match
-Exceptional Medical Insurance Plans (PPO and HDHP Plans Offered)
-Dental, Vision, and RX Plans
-Employee Well-Being Program
-Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave What You Will Do
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
What You Will Need
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support specializing in Cardiac obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in The S.T.A.B.L.E Program credentialed from the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work