We Are Hiring
Lourdes, part of Ascension in Binghamton, New York has an opening for a full-time Security Guard
on our Day shift
Our Security Staff work together to protect and safeguard hospital property, personnel, patients and visitors. Applicants with a current NYS Security Guard license and hospital experience are preferred, but on the job training can be provided. All applicants must have a valid driver's license. This full-time position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and retirement savings. Come join our team!
Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, rotating days to include some weekends and holidays. What You Will Do
Provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
What You Will Need
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and hazards.
- Maintain knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Train and mentor staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures. Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provide for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participates in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Operate vehicle in a safe and responsible manner to avoid accidents and traffic or parking violations.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Security Guard credentialed from the New York Department of State obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Work experience in a Hospital environment strongly preferred. Why Join Our Team
For nearly 90 years, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital has been providing rewarding career opportunities in the Binghamton, New York, community. Over 2,500 Mission-driven associates serve in our medical, surgical, and specialty units, an ambulatory care center, a breast care center, a regional cancer center, and numerous specialty practices. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Lourdes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.