We Are Hiring
RN First Assistant - Inpatient Surgery (Cardiac) - FT/Day - Ascension St John Hospital - Detroit, MI Shift:
Monday-Friday, 6:30am-4:30pm (8 and 10 hour shifts available), on call requiredPreferred Experience:
Open heart experience What You Will Do
Provide direct assistance to surgeons before, during and after surgical procedures.
What You Will Need
- Position patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Implement physicians's orders to provide visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilize appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assist with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date required. Any issuing authority accepted.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Operating Room credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) preferred.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in First Assistant credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work