We Are Hiring
Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Ozaukee is looking for an MLS to join our growing lab team in Mequon, Wi
This is a 0.5/20 hour weekly Evenings opening. What You Will Do
What You Will Need
- Perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
- Perform, validate, interpret, document and report laboratory test results.
- May collect and process specimens.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Execute and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and report as required by regulatory agencies.
- Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analylical, and post-analytical.
- Anticipate and maintain required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
- Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assist in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
- Assist in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
- One or more of the following required:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.