Opening Fall 2019
The Marriott Phoenix Chandler, located in Chandler- a Southeast suburb of Phoenix, is the newest Full Service Marriott in the State of Arizona! Featuring 264 Guest Rooms and over 26,000 sq ft of Event Space, this hotel will have the largest Ballroom in Chandler at 10,400 sq ft. Within the hotel, Caf MeSo features contemporary modern American cuisine with Southwest & Mediterranean influences, while Proof ‘19 will feature hand-crafted cocktails, locally brewed beers, and a vast selection of bourbons & tequilas. The hotel is situated within the Price Road Corridor near some of Arizona's largest employers, including many Fortune 100 & 500 Companies.
Description This is a Full Time PositionMonday - Friday 5:30am - 11:30am Starting Rate is $13.25 + tipsMedical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Marriott Room Discounts
We proudly brew Starbucks establishment and performing other support functions which may include cleaning the food preparation, customer seating or stock areas and maintaining inventory; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
- Greets customers and takes food order; provides information about products and looks for opportunity to "up-sell" products
- Prepares all drink orders to Starbucks and Marriott Service Standards
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required, and follows all Marriott customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
- Educates and informs customers about the differences among coffee beans, coffee preparation and home brewing methods
- Cleans and stocks customer area
- Follows Marriott's operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to learn and maintain knowledge of Starbuck's products and procedures
- Customer service experience preferred
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
The Marriott Phoenix Chandler is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
- Require good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Provide the highest service standards possible to all guests.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Starbucks area.
- Meet and exceed all guest request and expectations with a professional attitude.
- Adhering to the proper cash handling procedure including tip reporting and due backs.