We Are HiringSt. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore MDFT, Day, 7:00am-4:30pm (8 hour shift), mainly Monday through Fridays.Oncology pharmacy What You Will Do
Assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as nuclear medicine, oncology, cardiology. Serve as a subject matter expert in pharmacy discipline and provide guidance across pharmacies and to clinical leadership.
What You Will Need
- Review and assess medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommend formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compound and dispense medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicate with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversee technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Assist with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students.
- May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs.
- Provide patient counseling when required.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Maryland Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required.
- Pharmacy residency preferred.
Why Join Our Team
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy (preferred) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy at date of hire.
- Three years of hospital and direct oncology pharmacy experience.
- Completion of a PGY 1 Pharmacy practice residency program and Board certification in Oncology Pharmacy a plus
Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work