The Tortillera Commissary Manager will effectively direct and supervise all activities of the tortillera department and its personnel to achieve merchandising, sales and customer service goals established for the department.Job Responsibilities:
- Leads others within the tortillera department, setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding team members accountable for meeting team and individual member performance goals.
- Scheduling tortillera department personnel.
- Communicating directly with the store director and tortillera specialist.
- Schedule production and delivery of tortilla orders from our warehouse.
- Orders supplies and products to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Produces/merchandises goods in accordance with merchandising standards.
- Observes all store rules and company policies directing all team members to do the same.
- Executes and supports all sales and merchandising initiatives.
- Serves as the leader of his/her department, role model, coach, performance evaluator and trainer for his/her team.
- Achieves department sales and profits goals; and controlling department labor, inventory, product out of stocks and shrink, sanitation, supplies, equipment, safety, and training.
- Ensures department and team compliance with all heath department and weights and measures requirements.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 18-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- Excellent knowledge of tortillera products offered for sale
- Remains helpful, tactful and courteous with customers, vendors and team members.
- Works quickly and efficiently to accomplish assigned duties, ensuring all department members do the same.
- Consistently produces/merchandises quality tortillera products
- Consistently produced/merchandised quality fried program products
- Ability to perform basic business math calculations.
- Understands the use and applications of all necessary tortillera equipment including tortilla machine, ovens, fryers, scales and mixers.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment goods.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listens to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Follow thru on displaying and merchandising any tortillera products and programs.
- Packaging of tortilla products following our standard operation.
- Stands for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Operates manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Break down pallets of merchandise, lifting and maneuvering at least 50 lbs.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers and constantly around hot ovens and fryers.
- Work with tortillera ingredients including various flours, spices, flavorings and oils
Posting ID: 552619412Posted: 2020-05-27