Job DescriptionAccounts Payable Accountant
Location: Hammond, IN
Duration: 2-3 MonthsNature Of Work:
Examples Of Work Performed:
- Perform accounting tasks related the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
(The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Review invoice data for appropriate documentation prior to payment.
- Prepare Debit/ Credit Memos.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Perform duties according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Investigate and resolve invoice issues.
- Perform month end close duties: Journal entries, Reconciliations.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Assists with physical inventory
- Back up for Weekly Hourly Payroll Processing/ AR AccountantKnowledge, skills, and abilities:
- MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze problems.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be willing to work extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work on weekends & holidays, as needed
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment thatsupports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender,age, sexual,orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Posting ID: 552620100Posted: 2020-05-27