Title: Help Desk Manager
Location: Vienna VA
Clearance: Top Secret
Role is typically helpdesk manager role that can manage 24/7 helpdesk 15 people.
• Monitor Service Desk Surveys to address positive and negative feedback.
• Provide daily supervision to Service Desk Leads and ensure tasks and priority requests are addressed and resolved.
• Manage QA meetings with Service Desk Leads, Facilities, Human Resources (new hire), Logistics and Security as needed to implement and meet objectives at the Service Desk.
• Generate Service Desk activity reports including ticket metrics, survey results, and performance metrics.
• Monitor Service Desk performance and customer service skills (phone calls, email and in person) for training and addressing areas of concern.
• Monitor ticketing systems for patterns and inconsistencies. Review and update ticket content as needed and work with staff to ensure appropriate and accurate information is included.
• Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
• Ensure activities, services, and products meet organizational goals and objectives.
• Participate in the planning and delivery of a full range of customer support services to the organization.
• Provide FBI Managers with regular updates on common problems encountered and identify resolutions/improvements.
• Assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met within the Service Desk SOP.
• Identify and execute training as needed for all three shifts.
• Assure that all metrics are properly documented and escalated to appropriate resources for correction. Metrics include:
o New tickets-volume of incoming tickets to determine the volume of support requests the service is managing per day, week or month.
o Ticket Volume by support channel-phone, via chat, walk-ins and email.
o Support Tickets Solved-is the Service Desk keeping up with demand? New and solved ticket trend lines should be parallel.
o Response Time and Wait Time-customers issues acknowledged and the time that the request is resolved.
o Ticket distribution-monitor correlation between experience staff and non-experience staff to tickets being distributed.
• Manage the Service Desk work schedule, vacation and holiday schedule.
• Ensure and certify the Service Desk staff is trained on processes and procedures.
Minimum Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred; OR
• High School diploma with at least 5 years of experience in a Service Desk environment
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Experience working in a 24/7/365 environment providing continuous support to users and critical operations monitoring and escalation
Posting ID: 552620300Posted: 2020-05-27