The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation.
This position is for the 2pm-10pm shift. Duties
- Performs specified functions to meet the requirements of each approved procedure
- Adheres to sterilization process policies and procedures
- Inspects equipment / instruments for proper working condition
- Maintains equipment / instrumentation according to manufactures recommendations
- Accurately labels / dates sterilized equipment / instruments
- Maintains availability of instruments and equipment to avoid delays
- Reports observed or suspected breaks in sterile technique and takes action according to policy
- Correctly operates decontamination equipment, autoclaves, Steris equipment
- Performs required biological chemical monitoring tests on all sterilizers and maintains logs according to policy and procedure.
- Performs checks for outdated items or package integrity.
- Keeps instrument racks in organized manner
- Maintains adequate supplies for the sterile processing area
- Coordinates and implements AMI standards for the sterilization of instruments and supplies.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner, complying with USPI's policies, procedures and regulations.
- Must be a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-3 years' experience as Instrument Room Technician.
- Experience with all types of sterilizers.
- Knows operating room instrumentation.
- Organized in setting up operating room instrument tray.
- Understands operation of steam/ gravity sterilizer.
- Understands Sterrad sterilizers.
- Ability to prepare reports and keep records.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 552620459Posted: 2020-05-27