Under the general supervision of the OR Coordinator/ Director of Surgical Services, and the direct supervision of a Lead CST, the Scrub Tech is responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competence.Hours will be Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pmJob Summary:
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team.
- Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment.
- Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operatively with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment. 10. Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- MUST be certified: Certification of Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Previous clinical experience in Operating Room environment desired.
- Certification in OR Technology required.
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 552620505Posted: 2020-05-27