Under the direction of the Business Office Manager; demonstrates knowledge in all departments of the Business Office: Scheduling, Insurance, Chart Building, Admissions, Medical Records and provide coverage wherever needed.
Also demonstrates multi-tasking abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. Provides successful and positive customer service encounters or programs. Interface with visitors, patients, family, and physicians on phone and in person.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs clerical duties including distribution of mail and messages, and monitoring office supplies.
- Operates telephone system including receiving incoming calls, taking messages, identify nature of business and call.
- Assist with Admissions. Check in pre-op patients. Copy identification and insurance.
- Communication with Pre-Op nursing staff.
- Communicating with the Dr. office(s)
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
- Daily preparation of charts for next day's surgeries within required deadline (NO LESS than 3 days prior to surgery, for all cases scheduled four days or more in advance of surgery date)
- Preparation of medical consents for each chart prepared
- Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
- Collect previous days charts.
- Prepare previous days charts for scanning and data entry.
- Scan all paper charts into Virtual EMR system.
- Audit all scanned charts for eligibility.
- Enter OR, Pacu, Anes times for billing.
- Follow up with Physicians and offices on all incomplete charts.
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
- Provide relief to Admitting, Office Assistant, and Scheduling as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Assigned by Business Office Manager
Participate in USPI EDGE program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years of hospital, ASC or medical office experience required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the facility as a whole.
- Strong medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
- Communication skills: ability to effectively present information to patients, physicians, and other employees of surgery center.
Reflective of Mission Statement:
USPI's mission is to care for every patient and their family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time.
Demonstrates ability to work as a team member and to communicate directly and professionally. Is flexible, reliable, productive, patient-oriented, and self-motivated. Portrays the facility in a positive light to others. Avoids being involved in gossip spreading or conversations that promote discord of staff members. Maintains professional conduct and appearance. Language Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, physicians, and other employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working environment is representative of the essential functions of the job. Physical demands require employee to sit and answer the phone for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.Location:
University Park, Texas
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.