has an exciting opportunity in our Agronomy Division. We are looking for a Warehouse Manager
who has a strong understanding of the Ag industry. You will lead, plan, direct and coordinate location operations based out of Willmar, MN
. You must be organized, detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Oversee the operations of the warehouse in a defined region according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Ensure programs are implemented at the site, to include housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Work with Regional Manager on all safety and compliance issues.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of the crop protection and CHS business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve member relations.
- Establish and implement short-term goals consistent with long-range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment and personnel.
- Communicate regularly with regional manager, account sales managers, department managers and divisional staff.
- Utilize staff and equipment within CHS to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Supervise staff through responsible training, clear job assignment definition and explanation.
- Monitor work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Assist in developing budget and asset needs, manage the approved operating budget.
- Coordinate movement of crop protection product, receiving, loading and storage with other Warehouse Managers and Account Sales Managers. Ensure a quality product through regular monitoring of inventory.
- Keep abreast of market conditions and area crop conditions to minimize exposure and maximize profitability.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma or GED
- 8 plus years of agriculture experience in one or more of the following:
- Supervisory experience
- Warehouse experience
Auto req ID
- Associate degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program
- Agribusiness/location management experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.Minimum Years of Experience Required
CN - Crop Nutrients State/Province
Minnesota Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma Employment Status
ACTIVE FULL TIME Career Type
Supply Chain and Logistics