ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate and CCI compliant CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis coding of 2200-2500 cases per
month of multi-specialty nature- ASC specific.
- Field questions from clients in a timely manner by researching authoritative sources and
providing accurate answers
- Manage time efficiently and consistently meet 24-48 hour coding turnaround deadline
- Stay current on CMS, AMA, and ICD coding news and updates
- Maintain current organizational coding certification by obtaining required annual CEUs
- Adhere to AHIMA'S Standards of Ethical Coding
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- MINIMUM 5 YEARS SURGICAL CODING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- CPT CODING CERTIFICATION FROM AAPC OR AHIM
- ICD-10 PROFICIENCY CERTIFICATION
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF EXCEL
- MULTI-SPECIALTY SURGICAL CODING
- OUTPATIENT OR FACILITY CODING CERTIFICATION
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
This is not an all-inclusive list. Additional tasks and responsibilities may be added by management based on
business need. Location:
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 552620613Posted: 2020-05-27