CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for a Grain Originator. You will work extensively with producers and commercial elevators in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, be detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Purchase Ag products corn, soybeans and/or other products).
- Build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Learn and understand truck, rail and barge freight spreads and their impact on market basis values, with application to the market valuations of commodities.
- Work with producers and commercial elevators, updating them on market trends and current grain quotes.
- Work with producers and to form marketing plans.
- Promote and contract CHS risk management products
- Understand and apply company trade policies and applicable trade rules, i.e. NGFA.
- Work closely with internal grain department personnel (grain merchants, freight desks, hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information to ensure efficient execution of trades.
- Communicate daily bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 plus years of Grain Origination experience
- Experience conducting market analysis, negotiating & closing contracts
Auto req ID
- Bachelor's degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business related program
- Series III license
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.Minimum Years of Experience Required
LE - Ag Business Country Ops State/Province
Iowa Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma Employment Status
ACTIVE FULL TIME Career Type
Merchandiser / Trader / Broker