Busy Ambulatory Surgery Center in Nashville is seeking a full time Medical Collections Specialist to be responsible for medical collections, appeals & denials and claims management.
- M-F Daytime Hours
- No weekends, call, or holidays!
- Competitive pay, benefits, and 401K!
This position requires a candidate that demonstrates a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and is professional in both appearance and approach. The collector, working independently, must demonstrate strong interpersonal and persuasive abilities in order to secure accurate and timely payment from third party payers. He/she must display assertiveness in resolving accounts and take the appropriate action to resolve disputes related to covered services. Candidate must be able to accept behavioral and technical feedback as well as integrate suggestions in effective ways. This position offers an excellent compensation package, great work environment and great benefits. Apply for this position as a medical collector today!Required Skills:
These tasks include, but not limited to the following:
- Follow up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
- Correct and identify billing errors and resubmit claims to insurance carriers.
- Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials etc.
- Review Insurance EOB and initiate appeals as necessary.
- Ensure maximization of collection dollars from insurance companies in accordance with the respective contracts.
- Obtain corrected information and request rebills.
- Respond to payer's request for additional information/documentation.
- Confer with Billers & Coders, as necessary, to obtain additional information/clarification.
- Co-ordinate requests for medical records.
- Posting account adjustments as a result of written communication from third parties (i.e. certain contractual adjustments, etc.).
- Provides balance breakdown to document the status, i.e., primary payor balance, secondary or credit balance, patient balance.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of every action taken on an account in the system collection notes.
#LI-SD1Required Skills:Required Experience:
- 2 years Medical Collection experience
- Healthcare experience required
- Knowledge of insurance plans and providers
- Knowledge of claims and billing
- Professional appearance and demeanor are required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 552620640Posted: 2020-05-27