CHENEGA APPLIED SOLUTIONS, LLC
Company Job Title: Help Desk Technician
Location:Kings Bay, GA
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.Summary:
The Help Desk Technician
will provide expert advice and support services in IT security and business technologies, in connection with the Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic (SWFLANT) Support Services effort. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the help desk phone and monitor incoming e-mail and web based support requests
- Administer "loaner" devices to include: laptops, Broadband cards, devices, projectors, etc.; checking out, monitoring, and recording unit returns according to SSP policies
- Maintain and update a current set of Help Desk Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for installation, testing, sustainment, and removal of all approved software utilized on SWFLANT's unclassified and classified IT systems
- Manage all software and ensure functionality is maintained
- Manage the maintenance and repair of all IT equipment
- Create a web based monthly newsletter discussing changes to, enhancements of, and customer tips for more effective use of SWFLANT IT applications and systems
- Provide instant database reporting to support management and productivity assessments
- Publish customer notifications of scheduled or emergent system outages
- Develop and maintain Web-based Self-Help/FAQ based on recurring calls
- Other duties as assigned
: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED required and 2+ years of related experience
- Experience using Windows Deployment Services for client imaging
- CompTIA Security + certified or Government approved equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid US Driver's License
- Secret clearance is required with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 environment
- Working knowledge of Tandberg/CISCO Video Teleconferencing Systems including set-up troubleshooting and maintenance of IP and ISDN systems
- Thorough knowledge on PC/client repair and maintenance (hardware/software)
- Strong customer service skills to include verbal communication
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
- Must be able to obtain MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) certification within 4 months of hire
- Ability in learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks and manage multiple tasks with time related constraints in a fast-paced environment.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 552620718Posted: 2020-03-11