Direct Support ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide as Caregiver/Direct Support Professionals, we continue to accept applications and fill openpositions in our residential programs. Providing round-the-clock care,we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent atREM Wisconsin,a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
REM Wisconsin, Direct Support Professional/Caregiver roles available in Portage - we encourage all interested candidates from Rio, Baraboo, Merrimac, Lodi, Wisconsin Dells, Pardeeville, Montello, Reedsbergto apply.Since we have 24/7 operations, we have options for schedules and shifts:
- Full-time, Part-time
- Evenings, weekends, and overnights
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make... we want to hear from you!
Bring the right attitude; we'll train you for success!Description
If you are looking for ameaningful job
where you can make animpact
in the lives of others, join our team of dedicated Caregivers/Direct Support Professionals today!Responsibilities/Duties:
This position provides services to people with a broad array of disabilities, whether that be behavioral, physical, or mental health through assistance with activities of daily living.You will work with individuals with a range of challenges including intellectual and developmental disabilities, severe and persistent mental health, and individuals with medically complex challenges.
You will work to restore and retain basic health functioning, independent living and community skills.Support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to encourage individuals to be as independent as possible and enhance the quality of life for those we support.
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliable, responsible attitude
REM Wisconsin offers:
- Flexible, consistent schedules. Full and Part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, meals provided
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for full-time employees
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Employee discounts!
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
We offer a rewarding work environment, full and part-time schedules available with benefits for those working over 30 hours per week. REM Wisconsin is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.Apply Today!