Youth Support SpecialistPrimary Location:
Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide as Youth Support Specialists, we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our residential programs. Providing round-the-clock care,we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at New Jersey MENTOR a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you! Are You Passionate About Supporting At-Risk Youth?!
New Jersey MENTOR is looking for Youth Support Specialists (YSS) who have the talent, education, and energy to team with us on our mission of improving the lives of at-risk youth- a job with real impact! Description
Our Specialty Group Homes and community based Residential Care, are designed for youth with intensive clinical and/ or behavioral needs. We are a leader in providing caring support and intensive therapy. NJ MENTOR is looking to build our team with people who are passionate about supporting youth in our communities
Our schedules can be flexible for a primary or secondary job. If you understand that your interactions with youth provide the path for a better future, we would like to speak with you. What we ask of you:
Orient youth within our NJ MENTOR program(s) by providing compassion, assistance with individual plans and supervision
Provide guidance to each youth/teen in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development
Establish a therapeutic relationship focused on building relationships, direct support and service delivery
Coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping, meal preparation and life skills training
Provide transportation to school, activities and appointments
Provide thorough proper documentation and notes in collaboration with team members Qualifications: What require of you:
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years (36 months) of verifiable experience working with At-Risk Youth
What we offer you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Social Services, Criminal Justice or Psychology with a minimum of 1 year (12 months) of verifiable experience working with At-Risk Youth
- Verifiable experience providing service to teens ages 10-21 with emotional, medical,and/ or behavioral challenges
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- CPR/First Aid certification is a plus (we will train you)
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- 3 professional references who can attest to your work with youth
- Full, Part-time, or per diem positions available with a variety of schedules
- A rewarding work environment with a chance to make a difference in the lives of youth and families on a daily basis
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
Competitive pay rates, mileage reimbursement
Paid time off and benefits for full-time positions
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout our nation-wide Network
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same
New Jersey MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 37 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day helping to provide life enhancing services to individuals across the country. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals and grow with us
- Apply today!