Position Title: Shipping Office Assistant II
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Shift: 1st shift Monday - Friday, 6:00AM-2:00PM
Job Summary: Shipping Office Assistant II 1st shift
The Shipping Office Assistant is responsible for performing various clerical duties in support shipment of products/materials both domestically and internationally. Adheres to customer shipping requirements and follows domestic/international shipping regulations.
• Processes paperwork pertaining to outbound shipments - domestic and international; HazMat and dangerous goods. Adheres to carrier requirements, assigns freight costs and invoices parcel and freight orders.
• Routes, cubes (spaces), and organizes orders to Wholesale customers. Ensures specific routing requirements are met to avoid costly chargeback fees.
• Prioritizing loading tasks and assists Facilitators in assigning such. Prepares and organizes door assignments for empty trailers to be loaded.
• Communicates with Wholesale and Retail regarding delivery concerns. Communicates with transportation regarding shipments for delivery using best cost methods.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write in the English language is required
• Basic knowledge of computers, Word and Excel
• Prior distribution, and/or warehouse experience
• Certified on Powered Industrial Equipment used in the warehouse functions a plus
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 552621656Posted: 2020-05-27