General Manager - Consumer LATAMLocation:
Atlanta, GA / Mexico City, MexicoReports to:
SVP Segment L&D Sales & Sales Planning
The GM - Consumer LATAM will be responsible for the P&L for LATAM region, accountable for the Writing, O&R (with the Exception of Invicta - Brazil Operation), & Food Business Units. The Consumer Business Unit includes many of the most trusted brands in the category, representing the highest commitment to innovation, Style, quality and comfort.
Reporting directly to the GM - Consumer LATAM:
- Commercial Director - Mexico.
- Commercial Director - Colombia.
- Commercial Lead Caribbean & Central America.
- Commercial Director Merco Sur.
- Commercial Lead O&R.
- Marketing Cat Strategy Pens & Pencils.
- Marketing Cat Strategy Coloring, Markets, Glue & Brand Activation.
- LATAM D&T Director.
- Analytics& Operations LATAM Lead.
The GM - Consumer LATAM will work to achieve the objectives of the Regional Consumer Business Units objectives, with respect to but not limited to, profitability, revenue growth, facilities and asset management, supply chain excellence, product development, sales, marketing, materials, administration and human resources.
Specific duties include:
- Deliver the company's growth and profit ambitions through strategic development and delivery, executed for LATAM through direct and matrixed leadership team.
- Develop annual operating plan to advance the company's objectives and deliver revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Objectively manage investments in overheads, promotional budgets, capital budgets, and inventory to deliver financial objectives.
- Effectively prioritize the business initiatives; developing current and new market business pursuits for viability and objective attainment.
- Build strategic partnerships with key Customers senior management, actively involved in top customer strategic growth partnerships and joint business plans in partnership with Global Teams.
- Take an active role with supply partners to insure inventory level management, efficiencies, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Regional product offering, competitive landscape and dynamic retail marketplace to manage the business plan and deliver outcomes.
- Exhibiting strong problem-solving and organizational aptitude through calculated and organized active leadership and taking ultimate responsibility for the long-term growth and profitability of the division.
- Build talent pipeline in the organization with stretch assignments, development plans & capability gap analysis and skill building.
- Support Regional Cultural Integration to efficient way of working, and process alignment among Consumer Divisions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of P&L leadership experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English required, Portuguese a plus
- Demonstrated experience driving significant revenue and margin growth.
- Proficiency in commercializing innovation that led to significant top-line growth.
- Strong analytical skills - able to analyze, anticipate and respond to competitive moves and understand key category dynamics.
- Demonstrated success driving and managing business internationally (across LATAM and Corporate Leaders)
- Experience building a multi-year strategic roadmap for their brand/category/business/function. Able to build a robust annual business/operating plan that includes stretch and break-thru thinking.
- Outstanding Leadership and Teambuilding skills. Demonstrated leadership and development of talent through engagement of Org Review process, regular feedback sessions with direct reports, talent sharing across the company and execution on succession planning initiatives.
- Drives employee engagement and culture initiatives (drives organizational values, develops action plans against employee feedback forums, engages and drives organizational purpose and cultural foundation).
- Clearly and consistently communicates strategic initiatives and performance to those initiatives up and down the organization, and aligns organizational structure and objectives to support the strategy.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.